Friday, November 20, 2020

Trinbagonians talk. (32) My Thanksgiving Menu

Thanksgiving is de comin’ Thursday. Covid19 is around an’ it hav’ people sad. Ah pray dat we get strength an’ courage to face de comin’ days. Some food does taste nice, buh yuh body doh like it, so yuh does feel sick. Ah cannot eat most of de dishes we make so collard greens, meat, sweet potato, an’ salad will be on meh plate. NO; stuffin’, macaroni pie, potato salad, peas an’ rice, roti, curry goat and potato, collard greens, ice cream and cake. Not one piece is goin’ in meh mouth. Friday mornin’ after Thanksgivin’, ah want to wake up pain free an’ no sluggishness. Christmas is de next time ah go say no to de foods dat make me feel sick.

Thanksgiving is next week Thursday. Covid19 is lurking around and it has brought on sadness. I pray for us to get strength and courage to face the days ahead. Some foods taste good, but our body fights against it, so you feel sick. I cannot eat most of the dishes we prepare so vegetables, meat and salad will be on my plate. NO; stuffing, macaroni pie, potato salad, peas and rice, roti, curry goat and potato, vegetable rice, ice cream and cake. Not one iota is going into my mouth. Friday morning after Thanksgiving, I want to get off of my bed pain free and not feeling sluggishness. Christmas is my next moment to say a big NO to foods that makes me feel sick.

No comments: