Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Trinbagonians talk. (28)

Ah not upset wit’ nobody because everybody looks like somebody. Ah was born in de San Fernando General Hospital, Trinidad and Tobago. Dat makes me a Trinbagonian. Ah does hav’ to tell de Jamaican, Haitian, Grenada, Dominican etc. people dat ah not from dey mudder country. If ah look like someone from yuh country remember dat dis world is small, so those people might be meh relative. A good reason for dat is after de war of 1812, de British did take some of de slaves dat fought in de war to Trinbago an’ other countries in de West Indies. We are all connected by de thread of life.

I am not upset with anybody because everybody looks like somebody. I was born at the San Fernando General Hospital, Trinidad and Tobago. That makes me a Trinbagonian. I am not a Jamaican, Haitian, Grenada, Dominican etc. I always have to tell people that I am not from their mother country. If I look like someone from your country remember that this world is small, so those people might be my relative. A good reason for that is after the war of 1812, the British took the slaves who fought in war to Trinidad and Tobago and other countries in the West Indies. We are all connected by the thread of life.


No comments: