Sunday, November 15, 2020

Trinbagonians talk. (26) My Seasoning

As ah did say before, ah doh play wit’ meat. Meh mudder an’ de neighbors an’ dem made sure meat an’ fish was handle’ right to stop it from spoilin’. Ah does follow fashion wit’ preparin’ meat an’ fish an’ ah does even make meh own season. My seasoning; Ah does blend, onions, garlic, ginger, scallion, and cilantro in ½ cup of vinegar. After blendin’, ah put it in a glass bottle, cover it den ah put it in de fridge, until ah ready to use it. This seasonin’ is for meat an’ fish. I even use a little of it when ah stir-fryin’ vegetables.

As I said before, I am careful with meat. My mother and all our neighbors made sure, meat and fish were handled properly, to stop it from spoilage. I do what my mother did to prepare meat and fish. I also make my own season. My seasoning; I blend, onions, garlic, ginger, scallion, and cilantro in ½ cup of vinegar. After I blend, I pour the blended mixture into a glass bottle, cover it and then I put it in the refrigerator. I use this seasoning for meat and fish. And I even use a little of it when I am stir-frying vegetables.

No comments: