Sunday, November 1, 2020

Trinbagonians talk (13)

Trinbagonians talk (13)

Please note I am not a doctor, but I am sharing a home remedy my parents used to treat our family if we had a cough, sore throat or a fever.  I know sore throat is happening now, this is one of my mother’s home remedy that worked for us. Green tomato.

Grate or blend 2 green tomatoes, pour it in a glass, add 1 teaspoons of salt, cover it and leave it for about five minutes. Strain out the liquid in a glass then gargle it.

Asthma is one of the worst illnesses anyone can have. It is scary to see how difficult it is for someone to breath while they are having an asthma attack. The sad part is that an asthma attack can kill. Paul and Sarah (My son and daughter), both used to suffer with asthma. I wanted to know what was the cause so I paid attention to what they ate and I cut out the foods that triggered it. I made sure they did not walk bare footed When they showered, they dressed in the bathroom. During the winter when they go outside, their head must be covered. A scarf covered their neck, nose and their mouth. In the summer, when the humidity was high, going out was limited. Parents, caregivers etc., need to pay attention to their loved one to see what causes the asthma attack.
Teas: Cinnamon tea, Fever Grass---(Lemon Grass), Shandilay Bush, Sirrio Bush,

Vitamin C, Aspirin, Vicks, Shiling oil, Gatorade, Orange juice, Water and lots of Bed Rest.

No comments: