Thursday, November 12, 2020

Trinbagonians talk. (24) Seasoning Meat

One t’ing ah doh play wit’ is meat, Full Stop! Salmonella poisonin’ is somet’ing ah doh want in meh life. Ah see some people take meat out de pack, sprinkle salt an’ black pepper over it, den start cookin’ it. Some of dem does cook it for a short time. Maybe ah does go overboard, buh dis is wah I see meh mudder do wit’ meat so ah does do dat. Clean an’ wash de meat; takin’ off de skin an’ den wash each piece under runnin’ water. De meat is put in some water wit’ vinegar to soak for a minute. Throw out de vinegar water add some water wit’ lime or lemon juice, leave it soakin’ for a minute. Pour out de water add some clean water, pour it out den season. Ah does leave de meat soakin’ for an hour den ah does cook it.

(One thing I don’t play with is meat, Period! Salmonella is an infection I don’t want in my life. I see some people take meat out of a pack, sprinkle salt and black pepper over it then start cooking it. Some of them does cook their meat for a short time. Maybe I am going overboard but this is what I saw my mother do with meat so I do the same thing. Clean and wash the meat; taking off the skin and then washing each piece under running water. The meat is then put in some water with vinegar to soak for a minute. Throw out the vinegar water add some water with lime or lemon juice, leave it soaking for a minute. Pour out the water add some clean water, pour it out then add spices. I leave the meat marinating for an hour then I cook it.

No comments: