Sunday, December 20, 2020

Trinbagonians talk. (63) What in Darkness does come to Light

Ah did grow up as a member of de Catholic Church. Ah t’ank God dat meh brothers, sisters an’ me had no problem wit de priests an’ nuns. De only t’ing ah didn’t like; dey kno’ meh family an’ if we did anyt’ing wrong dey did tell meh fadder on us. Today ah does feel sad dat many Catholic priests are sexual predators, buh ah does t’ank  God dat de truth is comin’ out. Meh fadder use to say, “Heaven an’ Hell is right here on dis earth.” What ah does hear and see daily, I believe that. People feel dat dey can do an’ say anyt’ing an’ dey go get away wit it, buh de old people in Trinbago use to say, “Every long rope does hav’ a end!”

I grew up as a member of the Catholic Church. I thank God that my brothers, sisters and I had no problems with the priests and nuns. The only thing I did not like; they knew our family and if we did anything wrong, they used to tell my father. Today I feel sad that some Catholic priests are sexual predators, but I thank God that truth is prevailing. My father used to say, “Heaven and Hell is right here on this earth.” What I am seeing and hearing daily, I believe that. People feel that they can do and say anything and they will get away with it, but as the Old Trinidad and Tobago old folks used to say, “Every long rope have an end!”

No comments: