Monday, December 14, 2020

Trinbagonians talk. (55) Creepy people

Some men are just creepy. Imagine yuh went to visit a friend. When yuh get to her home, her brother tells yuh dat she is inside de house. Yuh walk in den he close de door an’ lock it. A smile was on he lips as he say, “She is not home.” Ah did go through a moment like dat an’ fear take over meh body. Although ah was scared, ah walk towards he, to get to de door. He stood blockin’ it so ah stood up an’ ah was thinkin’ dat we was goin’ to get into a fight, if he doh leh me go. “Ah like yuh,” He did say.             “Ah doh like yuh so open de door an’ leh me go!”            “No!” he say.                 “Yuh kno’ meh faddah, right?” ah ask he, knowin’ dat meh faddah doh make joke about he family.           He steups an’ open de door so ah leave.

Some men are just creepy. Imagine you went to visit a friend. When you get to her home, her brother tells you that she is inside the house. You walked in then he closes the door and locks it. He has a smile on his lips as his lips as he says, “She is not home.” I experienced a moment like that on one occasion and fear flowed through my body. Although I was scared, I walked towards him, to get to the door. He stood blocking it so I stood up and I was thinking that we were going to get into a fight, if he doesn’t let me leave.   “I like you,” He said.                “I don’t like you so open the door and let me leave!”            “No!” he said.                 “You know my father, right?” I asked knowing that my father is protective of his family.           He sucked his teeth and opened the door so I was able to leave.

No comments: