Wednesday, June 16, 2010

“A Windbag”

My friend stood in front of me, angrily accusing me of telling others about a private conversation she and I had. When we spoke, she told me that I was the only person she was telling about it, and do not tell anyone. I promised her that I wouldn’t. Although what she told me was explosive, and would create a stir, I didn’t even tell my best friend.
I told her that I didn’t tell anyone, and she must have told it to someone else. She said that she didn’t. I became angry and said, “Do me a favor. When you see me just say hello and goodbye, so that we wouldn’t share any private and confidential matters.”
“So what are you saying, you want to end our friendship? If that’s how you feel, then that’s fine with me,”
“Okay, goodbye.”
We both walked away, in opposite directions. I was angry, and decided if she was going to blame me for spilling her business, then I was going to tell my best friend every thing. I phoned my best friend and started telling her what transpired then she said, “Hold your last word. She told me the story, and asked me not to tell anyone, so I didn’t even tell you.”
“What! So she must have told it to others?”
“I am sure she did.”

1 comment:

hazelbourne said...

i no someone like that. be concern when someone tells you, you are the only one they are telling their secret too.