Friday, June 11, 2010

A Perfectly Matched Couple

I stood sipping a glass of white wine, while my friends were all dancing. I saw a handsome man talking to his friends. They were all laughing at something he said. He looked at me, nodded his head, and smiled. I smiled, thinking how nice it would be to speak to him, but I didn’t keep his gaze, turned my head and scanned the room . He came up to me and asked me to dance. We danced 3 sets, and then he offered to get me another glass of wine, which I accepted, and he got a beer for himself. We stood talking, and he had me laughing. He was such a gentleman that when he told me his wife would be here soon, I didn’t feel upset. One of my friends walked up to us. She knew him, so she started talking to him, telling him my name, and who my relatives were. He turned to me and said, “We’ve been dancing and chatting, and weren’t officially introduced; now that we have been, let’s dance again. When we started dancing he said, “I don’t like chatty women.” I started to laugh because I found her to be too presumptuous. We eventually found another spot, and started talking again. An unattractive woman walked in and his face lit up.
“Here comes my wife.”
The woman smiled, and her face changed from unattractive to just beautiful.
“Hi sweetheart,” he said and kissed her lips, hugged her, tightly then introduced her to me.
She smiled very warmly, and shook my hand.
I smiled at her and was thinking, what a perfectly matched couple they are.

No comments: