Tuesday, June 15, 2010

“He Hung Up”

I met him on a number of occasions at random places as we walked by. We didn’t say anything to each other, but always gave a friendly smile. I thought that he was a very distinguished gentleman. There were times when I wished he would speak to me. Our meeting finally came at a cocktail party. We were introduced, and he acted as though he never saw me before. I felt a bit insulted, but he spoke to me most of the night and I did enjoy talking to him. The night ended with us exchanging phone numbers and promising to stay in touch. I was anxious to hear from him, but I waited patiently for his phone call. After three weeks went by, and not seeing or hearing from him, I decided to phone him. When he answered the phone I spent more than 10 minutes trying to refresh his memory of where we met. When he remembered he didn’t seem pleased that I called. I told him I just wanted to say hello. He said that he was busy, but would call me then he hung up…

1 comment:

hazelbourne said...

OH MY GOD.WHAT A COLD MAN THAT IS WHAT THE HOME GIRL WAS THINKING.
POOR WOMAN THOUGHT HE WAS INTERESTED AND HE WAS TOTALLY ABSENT MINDED WHERE SHE WAS CONCERN.
SOMETIMES WE FEEL SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT US AND IS INTERESTED, THAT TIME THE PERSON'S MIND IS SOOOO FAR AWAY.