Monday, June 14, 2010

“Blinded by Jealousy”

He stood next to his brother, and listened to him, as he said his vows to the woman he thought that he loved. His calm pleasant demeanor didn’t indicate that he was upset. Blinded by his hurt, he didn’t see his best friend sitting in the congregation. She was in love with him, and she wanted him to see that she was experiencing her own hurt. The happy couple left for their honeymoon, and the guests left. He sat, slumped down in a chair. His best friend walked through the door. She was an attractive woman with great poise. For the first time he really saw her and his heart suddenly was joyous. It was beating so wildly that he looked down to see if it was showing through his shirt. This had never happened to him before, and he was shocked.
She smiled as though she was happy to see him and he smiled because he was overjoyed to see her. He suddenly wanted her to be more than his best friend. How could he tell her that he loved her and he wants to marry her?
“Damn! How blind I was by jealousy? How can I clean up the mess I made? For months I was telling her about my brother and how I hated him for stealing my girl. I told her this morning before the wedding that I felt the same way about him and I am still in love with my sister-in-law. How am I going to fix this?”

No comments: