Monday, February 29, 2016

Yesterday I looked at Trinidad and Tobago week in review and a mother was talking about her son who was killed. I thank for her honesty. She said that her son was involved in a lot of bad things, and she talked to him on a number of occasions about it … asking him to change his ways. He did not change so she said that she is not surprised that he was murdered. Hearing her speak yesterday reminded me of a conversation Paul and I had, when he was in junior high school. One day while looking at the news there was a story about a boy Paul’s age, shot and killed. I felt said about it and I said, “This child’s mother must be terribly heartbroken about that.
“Mom she might be heartbroken but parents don’t know the terrible things their kids do when they are away from home.”
“It is still heartbreaking. This child is in junior high school…12 or 13 years.”
“Yeah, but if you knew the kind of shit most kids are involved in, you would not feel that way,” He said.
“LORD! It is still sad.”

No comments: