Tuesday, February 16, 2016

It was eventful, but a good day.

I woke as usual at 4:00am and I was doing fine. My husband left for work and he called so we were chatting. He was saying that lot of slip and sliding was going on but he was handling it. The only thing that was bothering him was the sound of the transformer. It did not sound right. Although he said that we did not continue talking about it, we were shit talking as usual. Suddenly I heard a loud noise and a rumbling across the street then the phone cut off. The lights started blinking until they went off in my bed room, but the corridor light were still on. Half of my apartment had lights.  
A high pitch spark of flickering light was flashing through the window. I look out and there was fire burning like electrical flames near some cars. I picked up my cell phone and it did not work for a moment, but I eventually got through to 911. I told the operator the address and what was happening. She said do not hang up she was putting me on to the Fire Department. I spoke to a fireman and minutes later I heard the trucks. They eventually called Con Edison and after nine hours the lights came back on.
I thank God no one got hurt or cars damaged. I hope you are having a nice day.


No comments: