Sunday, February 28, 2016

Happy Sunday to you and yours. Enjoy your day and be safe. On a personal note. Your family love to do some of the things you do. This is one way a mother/wife knows that she is loved. Don’t let the little things become a big thing. Not because it is yours and you love it, should not make you angry that your family love it too.

When Sarah was in 3rd grade she bought me a coffee cup for mother’s day. The cup is black, fat and shorter in height than the regular coffee cup. It also holds more than a regular coffee cup. I loved it because I could drink more coffee. In my coffee drinking days I would drink it with condensed milk and evaporated milk – Yum.
I was the only one who drank hot drinks. Harold, Paul and Sarah … Ice cold water. Every now and then they would drink coffee, tea or hot chocolate. We have endless coffee cups, but out of the blues one morning when I went to the kitchen, Harold was drinking a cup of coffee in my cup. I had a moment of yearning for my cup, but in a casual as if this is the norm, I took another coffee cup and made a cup of tea, as we talked about this and that. While we were having breakfast Paul walked into the kitchen and said, “This morning I am feeling for a cup of hot chocolate. Dad, are you finished with the cup?”
“Yes you can have it,” He said.
We all continued talking as Paul washed the cup then made a cup of hot chocolate. Sarah walked in fifteen minutes later, said good morning then she asked Paul for the cup, washed it and made a cup of tea. I was smiling because this was the moment I knew that my cup is the family cup. Every time they want a hot drink, they would wait until the cup is available to make their drink. If they are using the cup they would ask me if I want it and I would say no.
All I usually say about this is, “that is life, we are living it and enjoying it too.

No comments: