Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The dollar devils are still at it.

I got a phone call yesterday. A woman said that she wanted to tell me about the best vitamin supplement in the world. It is the cure for everything. I said, “Really okay. Tell me about this miracle vitamin.” She said that it is called plankton. I know what plankton is but I let her talk about it. After she was finished explaining about plankton, the money talk started.
While she was talking I wrote down her company’s name and I asked Paul to check them out.
“We are having a promotional. You can get a 3 months supply of capsules. After the 3 months you have to call to refill. If you don’t call we will cancel your account.”
I said okay and then that she said that she wanted me to get a good discount.
“Aren’t you having a promotional?” I asked.
“Yes, but I want to get you a bigger discount than the one we are having.”
“Okay.”
A man eventually came on the phone and he said, “You can get a 3 months supply of plankton for $395.99. If you don’t call to cancel after the 3 months we will send you a refill.”
“The lady I spoke to told me you would not send it, if I don’t call first.”
“She made a mistake. We would send you a 3 months supply because we don’t want you to miss out on the health benefits of plankton.”
Paul signaled to me to look at the computer screen. There was a big ‘F’ on the company’s homepage of the website from the Better Business Bureau so I said, “Sir I just looked up your company and I see that you got an… Suddenly dial tone. He hung up.
I have been shopping for vitamins at a health food store in Brooklyn, NY for more than 24 years so I phoned them to ask about Plankton Vitamins. They never heard about it...

No comments: