Sunday, February 21, 2016

My dear friends on this beautiful Sunday enjoy your day and be safe. LISTEN to your child or children.

Patience and a still tongue are the best things to have when you are dealing with a child. LISTEN! Remember that listening is not interrupting. You will get more information from them. After hearing, be very careful what you say because you want them to feel free to talk to you another time.
I know some of you would not like this, but this is how I handle precious moments I had and is still having with my children and other children.
When they start to talk to me I listen. They will hear one word or three words sentences from me --- Yes! No! Are you serious! That is crazy! Etc. and they would continue talking… feeling very comfortable so the ‘F’ word would sometimes come out. I don’t feel good about hearing it, but I don’t batter an eye. I continue listening. After the conversation I am sometimes flabbergasted or hysterical. Although I would feel that way I will give them my opinion. The most important thing to me is that I gathered information about them and what is going on with them. Eventually I will talk to them about the ‘F’ word. I would say, “Listen to this, the ‘F’ word came out the last time we spoke. I want you to try your best not to use it when you speak. One day an official might be where you are and what you say might make you sound inarticulate, not able to express yourself. You don’t want to get caught up in that position. Then next time we conversed the ‘F’ word never turns up.


No comments: