Thursday, May 15, 2014

“Who Am I”

Ugliness is really a state of mind. The first day I met him, I said to myself that he is ugly. Although I was thinking that way about him, he was the help I needed to complete a business transaction. I said good morning to him, then I asked him a question. He had a very nice voice and he spoke very politely to me, yet ugliness was still on my mind. After our conversation, I went away feeling happy that my business was completed in a professional and valuable manner. Weeks later I had to take some documents to his office. My son –14 and daughter –8 were with me. When we walked into his office I introduced them to him. They smiled and shook his hand. He asked my son a question and as they started talking, my daughter intervene, stating that she did not agree with a point. They both sat talking to him for more than 20 minutes and I was impressed with how expressive they were. When we left my daughter said, “He is a kind man.”
“Yes. Also polite and smart,” My son said.
I was thinking, “My children did not see ugly. Who am I to think that this man was ugly?”

No comments: