Tuesday, May 13, 2014

“They Walked Out”

I was speaking to a woman and she had me flabbergasted. I wanted to say to her what my father used to say to us, A priest, pastor is a man first. Anyway she was telling me that she got very emotional in church.
“The sermon must have been wonderful?” I said.
“It was, but that is not why I was upset. What made me cry was the moment pastor got up on the pulpit and started preaching some people got up and walked out.”
“Why did they walk out?” I asked.
“I don’t know, but they were wrong to do that. He is the pastor and they need to respect him.”
“Maybe he did something to warrant that kind of behavior.’
“I do not believe that he did. He is very nice to people and does a lot of charity work. I am sure he did not do anything!
“Really? Because he is a pastor? Matthew 7:22-23 says, Many will say to me on that day, “LORD, LORD did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons, and in your name perform many miracles?” Then I will tell them plainly, “I never knew you, Away from me, you evildoers!”
she hung up. I got hysterical…

A blessed safe day to you and yours.”

No comments: