Monday, May 26, 2014

“BE ON THE ALERT”
Mothers, Fathers,  Caregivers remember that~ They walk among us~ They dress like us~ They look like us~ The stalker us~
I was out on Flatbush and Church Avenue today and I heard that a child was taken on Friday in the vicinity of Flatbush and Church. The mother of the child was right there, but she did not see when the child disappeared. She caused a big raucous and the police came. They searched around the neighborhood. Even on the grounds of the church cemetery. They did not find the child. When I heard this my blood ran cold because 21 years ago my son was taken from a store on Church Avenue, between 21 street and Ocean Avenue. Flatbush Avenue is one block away.
"This Is My Story"
I always wonder what our life would be like today, if the unthinkable did happen, twenty one years ago. I thank God for giving me a sixth sense, intuition, perception, etc… Also  for being alert when those feelings of uneasiness come over me. I had to go to the store to buy something. A feeling of trepidation was in my heart and I did not want to go, but I needed the item. My son was three years old, and he was home from daycare, so I had to take him with me. Since I was having an uncomfortable feeling in my heart, I held his hand and made sure he was next to me at all times. When we arrived at the store there were about five people shopping. One woman stood out. She was wearing a green shirt. It was the exact color as the one that I was wearing. When she looked my way, I felt more anxious and I started to question myself. “Why am I feeling this way?” I decided not to browse… just get the item, pay for it and leave the store. The moment I got it, I stood in line and I held on to my son’s hand. When I got to the cashier, I put my item on the counter, let go of my son’s hand, opened my handbag and took out my wallet. As I was about to pay, I looked down for my son. He was not there so I called out to him, but there was no answer. I kept shouting his name and my intuition was saying to me, “Go to the front door”, so I ran to it. I asked the security guard who was standing near the door, if he saw a little boy wearing a red tee shirt and blue jeans. He told me a woman walked out with a little boy who was wearing those same color clothes. I ran out of the store onto the sidewalk. The lady in the same color shirt, was holding my son's hand, waiting to get on the bus… I shouted my son's name and he looked around, and said, “Mommy?” then he looked up at the lady… I screamed for him to come and he pulled away from her. She saw me running towards them and she started running… I held onto my son tightly. He started to cry and he told me that the woman looked like me. I told him it’s okay. I kept looking at the woman, as she sprinted away

No comments: