Saturday, February 28, 2015

When my son, Paul was 2 years, he lived with his grandmother, my mother-in-law. One day after she bathes and dressed him, she started to cook. While she was cooking he called her, “Granny come and see me!” She told him she was coming and when she went, he was standing on the window sill. There was a bar on the window, but the window was opened a little higher than the bar. He was excited because he felt he did something great. She said that her heart was racing as she walked slowly towards him, smiling and telling him how brave he was. She took him down and she held him close and said, “Paul you nearly gave your granny a heart attack.”
“A heart attack?” He asked.
“Yes.”
“Granny. I sorry.”
“Don’t do that again.”
“Okay.”
I spoke to him on the phone. I told him, if his granny got a heart attack, she would die. Do you want granny to die?”
“No I love my granny. She is nice.”
“That is a good thing, so do not go up on that window sill or any other sill again.”
“Okay.”
He told his grandmother that he would not do it again. Paul kept his word; he still did stupid things, but nothing that crazy. He did no get licks, but we talked and talk to him. He is a son to be proud of.

No comments: