Saturday, February 21, 2015

Life is a two way street. Be kind, gentle and loving. If she/he always says, “YES” to you, it is time for you to say, “YES” to him/her. Do not wait until she/he say, “NO” because as the old Trinbbago folks used to say, “You go miss de water, when de well run dry.”

This is my last letter Dear, to you. This is my last letter, baby. I just can’t write you anymore. My poor little finger’s swollen. I’m tired of pacing the floor. Yes, I am. Threw away our favorite record. It was tearing me apart. This is my seventh letter, baby. Just to satisfy my heart. (One) Monday, I wrote and told you. I was all alone and blue. (Two) Tuesday, I wrote again, baby. I said I loved no one, no one, no one but you. No, I don’t. (Three) Wednesday, I wired you a cable, begging you to call. (Four) Thursday, I sent the message. I said, I was wrong and, darling, please come back home. (Five) Friday, I woke up crying. With the sniff of a tear. (Six) Come along long lonesome Saturday. I did the same thing all over again. Yes, I did. (Seven) This is my seventh letter, baby. On this bright Sunday morning. Just got off my knees from praying. I said, Oh, LORD. Oh, LORD, Please send her back home. Can’t she hear me talking to her? (This is my last letter Dear, to you) Seven letters. Seven days. Seven long lonely, days. There, I said it. This is my last letter Dear, to you. Yes, it is. Oh yes, it is. —Ben E King Seven Letters.

No comments: