Tuesday, February 24, 2015

“A story but true” A Valentine Joseph. Part 2 of 3

Jennifer walked away from Gerald and his wife. Her emotions were running high and her tears blinded her. She wiped her eyes quickly. The items she had in the shopping cart were no longer appealing so she turned, walked away from it and headed out of the store. The twenty minutes it took to get to her home felt like hours. She parked her car and she prayed that everyone in her home were not around because she did not want to talk. Her sister, Pauline was sitting at the dining table eating.
“Hi Jen. What’s going on? Why do you look so distraught?”
“I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Did someone do something?”
She sat down and cried for a moment then she said, “Do you remember the guy I told you about.”
“Gerald right?” Pauline asked.
“Yes.”
“You never introduced him to us. You know dad and mom would want to meet him?”
“I had planned too bring him home, but he is married.”
“What!?”
“I saw him with a woman and he introduced her to me as his wife.”
“Wow! That is why you are so distraught.  How serious was your relationship with him?”
“I love him and he says he loves me.”
“He has a wife and…
“I wish she was dead!” Jennifer said.
“No! It is unfair to her because she did not ask you to be in a relationship with her husband! I had clients who were happy that their husband’s were in extramarital relationships, but this woman doesn’t know you are with her husband. Why do you think you should curse her? Wishing her dead is a curse! You should not curse anyone because that evil prayer will fall on you!”
“I’m sorry, but I love him.”
“I know you are sorry, but loving him doesn’t give you the rights to curse her. He lied to you and he is not trustworthy! Do you have a picture of him?”
Jennifer found one in her wallet and handed it to Pauline. “Oh my God! This is Gerald Harvey and his wife is Carmen. They have three children. Carmen and I work in the same department at social services. She is a very nice person.”
“He has children?”
“Yes, a teenager and eleven year old twins. I have been to their house on many occasions. They are a loving couple and the children are very pleasant. He lied to you. You are pretty, have a nice body, kindhearted and trustworthy. The kind of young lady any parent would be proud of and mom and dad are proud of you. Men like him prey on women like you. Do not let him take away your dignity.”
“You are right. If I knew he was married I would not have gotten involved with him. I still feel hurt, but I feel a lot better talking to you. I am going to end it.”
They were quiet for a moment then Pauline said, “Carmen invited me to a Bar-B-Q this weekend at her home. You can come with me because I know you would be dignified.”
“It would be nice to see how he reacts when he sees me,” Jennifer said smiling deviously…

No comments: