Saturday, February 28, 2015

My daughter Sarah had her 2 year old stupid crazy moments. One day she stood on the head board of her bed. It was metal and about a 10 inch diameter. When I saw her I froze for a moment because it was scary to see her standing there with her arms opened wide, looking like a gymnast who was ready to make a tumble. I was thinking if she fell on the bed it might not be a bad fall but if she fell on the floor that could be a disaster. I calmly said to her, “Let me see you jump on the bed.”
“Jump?” She asked.
“Yes. Jump now.”
She did. I clapped my hands and shouted, “Nice jump.” I knelt on the floor, held her hand then I gave her a speech about climbing on the head board can break it and I know she loves her bed. “I don’t want it to break. I won’t do it again,” She said.
“Good.”
That was the end of it. She still did stupid crazy funny things, but nothing to cause a heart attack.  

No comments: