Friday, April 8, 2011

“The Spiritual Adviser”

She was thinking. Who died and made her friend a spiritual adviser. She looked at her mouth as she spoke, “I know he is your husband but he is not working, and at the moment, you need help with your finances so I think you should leave him. Remember this is you life and it should be all about you.”
“How does she know that I need help with my finances? I never asked or indicated to her that I needed help.” Those thoughts were going through her head, but she did not say anything because she wanted to hear the rest of the outrageous advice, her friend was giving her.
“God knows our needs and he will forgive you if you divorce him… trust me.”
‘Oh my God, my friend honestly believes that she is a Guru'…

On your walk, you are going to meet many advisers… “Be on the alert when one proffers advice. Find out first of all what he wants. For he may be thinking of himself alone; why should the profit fall to him? He may tell you how good your way will be, and then stand-by to watch your misfortune. Seek no advice from one who regards you with hostility; from those who envy you, keep your intentions hidden. Eccl. 37:8-10

No comments: