Wednesday, July 7, 2010

“The Pit Bull”

I was walking one day with my son who was 7. He liked to talk, so we were talking and laughing. As we walked by a house, a pit bull was on the porch. It raised its head, looked at us then gave a loud bark. My son started to run. The pit bull ran out of the porch, down the steps and towards the front gate. I knew this dog was coming for my son, so I shouted at him to stop and standstill. He stopped and the dog ran up to him, stood near to him, growling. I was 6 months pregnant and petrified. I didn’t have a cell phone because it wasn’t, ‘the must have thing yet’. The dog kept growling at him and he was whispering, “mommy help me!” I whispered to him to be still and don’t say anything. He kept quiet and the pit bull eventually left him and walked slowly towards me, growling…

No comments: