Wednesday, October 8, 2014

“I have been a glutton for punishment. Not anymore”

I remember the first time I asked a particular person to do something for me, she said yes, but her facial expression and body language said ‘NO’.
She did the thing haphazardly and when she gave it to me, she complained about how difficult it was to do. I knew it was not that difficult because it was the simplest part of her daily job. I decided not to ask her to do anything and that was the case for many years. One day I needed something done. I knew that the reluctant person was good at doing it, but I had two minds about asking. Days later she came to my home for me to do something for her. I did it without hesitation. She was pleased with it so I felt that she would be willing to do the thing I wanted. When I asked her, her facial expression and body language was on. I wanted to kick myself, but I said, “Don’t worry I would use something else.”
With out hesitating she said, “Okay.”
 After that incident, she would ask me to do things and I would do it. Today is a different story…

No comments: