Saturday, November 10, 2012



One rainy day my teacher had us put our heads on the desk and she read~ They Say – By Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)
They say we ought to love the rain
That beats upon the window-pane;
They say it makes the green grass grow,
And all the little rivers flow.
That’s all very well, but what of me?
It doesn’t make me grow, you see!
They say the rain will soon be o’er,
Then we can play upon the shore,
But hours and hours have passed away
Since it began to rain to-day
If it were kind, I think it might
Rain only in the dark of night.
Suppose it didn’t stop at all,
But day by day we saw it fall,
Until it covered up the ground
And there was water all around:
Why, then we’d sail across the park,
Like Noah, in another Ark.
Some of my classmates fell asleep~ I felt sleepy, but I willed myself to stay awake~ It didn’t work. She eventually woke us up~ I was upset that I was still in school and she was going to start teaching a subject that I did not like~

No comments: