Sunday, November 11, 2012



Jane and Louisa – Author Unknown
I remember we used to stand around in a circle holding hands. Two girls would be in the middle of the ring holding hands and then we would start to sing. They would walk around and when we got to … Pick a rose they would walk up to someone and pretend to be picking a rose from off of them~ Then waltz with you they would chose two people and start dancing~ When the song ended the first two girls would join the circle and the two new girls would stand in the ring and the song would start again~ And repeat the act~
Jane and Louisa will soon come home~ Soon come home~ Soon come home~
Jane and Louisa will soon come home into this beautiful garden~
My dear would you like me to pick a rose~ Pick a rose~ Pick a rose~
My dear would you like me to pick a rose~ Into this beautiful garden~
My dear would you like me to waltz with you~ Waltz with you~ Waltz with you~
My dear would you like me to waltz with you~ Into this beautiful garden~

No comments: