Thursday, August 11, 2011

“Work Done Is Task Delivered… You Pay”

Jeff did a job for a wealthy man and he charged him eighty dollars. After the man checked that everything was working perfectly, he told him that he was going to the bank to get the money. The man left and his father offered Jeff a seat, so he sat reading a book while the father looked at the television. An hour went by, and the man did not return, so Jeff said to the father, “Where is your son? He needs to pay me so I could be on my way.”
The father phoned the son then hung up… “My son said that he is sorry, but he had to take care of another situation and he would appreciate it if you can comes back tomorrow for the money.”
“Listen to me, you call him and tell him that he read the contract and it states, ‘Work done is task delivered… You pay’!”
“I will pay you!” The father shouted in an angry tone, dug his hand in his pocket, took out his wallet and shoved the money at Jeff...

No comments: