Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My mother passed away yesterday. She was 89 years. My memories of her.

My friend and I were walking and talking about the kind of day we had in school. The sun was shining brightly but a sudden shower of rain came pouring out of the clouds. There was no place to shelter from the rain so we continued walking. We were both dripping wet when we got to our prospective homes. My mom told me to get out of my wet clothes and to dry my hair. I did and I felt fine. Later that night, I started to feel very cold and I got under my cover, but I was trembling. My sister told my mother. She came to the bedroom and she touched my forehead. “You have ague… a very high fever. You need to sweat out that infection.”
My mother handed me a hot cup of cinnamon tea that was sweetened with brown sugar. She made sure I drank all of it then she told me to get back under the cover… I started to sweat and my clothes were becoming wet so I asked her to come out from under the cover. She told me that I needed to stay a little longer. Eventually she changed my clothes and I felt cool… the fever was gone…

No comments: