Wednesday, April 2, 2014

“Donkey Eye”

A seed that looks like a donkey eye. I know Trinbagonians remember the donkey eye. I remember we used to rub it on a hard surface and it gets real hot. Some people used to touch others with it and they would get a burn. I used to rub it, but I never touched anyone with it and no body ever touched me with it. Yesterday my daughter had a donkey eye moment. A child rubbed a pen then touched her on her hand with it. My daughter got a very small burn on her hand and she was upset. The person who did it was immediately suspended. My husband and I talked about it and memories of the donkey eye situation popped up into the conversation. After talking to her, we knew that a suspension is not the right thing to do, so we requested that it be cancelled. “Why make a mountain out of a molehill? We all do stupid things and I expect that from children~ From adults is another story…

No comments: