Thursday, March 11, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (124) Those Were The Good Old Days”

One evening, ah stood on Clifton Hill Beach, Point Fortin, Trinbago, waitin’ on de sun to set. For some odd reason, de sunset was takin’ long to come, so ah sat in de car wit de door open, took off meh slippers an’ left dem out of de car. A long time later, de sun start to set an’ de place had an orange glow. Ah look at de sun on de skyline until it vanish an’ de place got dark. Ah keep lookin’ at de sky until de moon start to brighten up de place. It was a real nice night. Ah close de car door an’ drive home. When ah wake up de next day, ah realize ah did leave meh slippers by de beach. Ah drive down to de beach an’ meh slippers was de same place ah did leave it. Ah put dem in de car, not surprise dat ah did find dem de same place ah did leave dem. Ah was sure dat somebody did see meh slippers an’ dey tell dey self de owner go come back for it, so dey leave it dey.  

One evening, I stood on Clifton Hill Beach, Point Fortin, Trinidad and Tobago, waiting on the sun to set. For some odd reason, the sunset was taking a long time, so I took off my slippers, left them outside of the car and I sat in the car, with the door open. Sometime later, the sun set and the place had an orange glow. I watch the sun on the horizon until it disappeared and darkness came. I kept looking at the sky until the moon started to brighten it. It was really a beautiful night. I closed the car door and drove home. It was not until I woke up the next morning that I realized I left my slippers on the beach. I drove to the beach and my slippers were exactly where I left them. I put my slippers in the car, not surprised that I found them where I left them. I am almost sure that someone must have seen my slippers and decided not to touch them. They believed the owner will come back for them, so they left them where they were.


No comments: