Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (123) One of the most Uncomfortable moment for me is someone Sleeping with their Eyes Open.

It is scary to see a person sleepin’ wit dey eyes open. It is more scary if yuh tryin’ to wake dem up an’ dey eh answerin’ or showin’ dat dey hear yuh. Ah was at a gatherin’an’ it was one of de most borin’ gatherin’ dat ah ever went too. Plenty people did fall asleep. To stop mehself from feelin’ shame, ah try meh best to keep up. Ah hide meh yawns an’ uneasy feelin’ by sippin’ water. Ah also kept lookin’ at de schedule wantin’ to slip away without anyone seein’ me. A lady near to me fell asleep wit she eyes open. Then, she start to snore. As she start to sleep deeper, she snore harder. Ah look at another lady an’ ah opened meh eyes wide an’ smile. She start to giggle. Ah bite meh lip to stop me from doin’ de same t’ing. A man, who was near to de sleeper, tap she gently, callin’ she name. She did not wake up, so he keep callin’ she. Ah look at she an’ all ah see was she eyes wide open. De lady who was gigglin’ whisper, “Is she dead?”     “Ah hope not.” Ah say as ah start to feel worried. A few people stand around she lookin’ scared. She finally did wake up, lookin’ confuse. Ah was glad dat she was up an’ then ah left de gatherin’ real fass an’ went home. Ah doh kno’ why or what does make people fall asleep wit dey eyes open, but it scares me.

It is scary to see someone sleeping with their eyes open. It is even scarier if you are trying to wake them up and they are not answering or indicating that they are hearing you. I was at a function and it was one of the most boring gatherings that I ever attended. Lots of people fell asleep. In order not to feel embarrassed, I tried my best to stay awake. Hiding my yawning and restlessness by sipping from a glass of water. I also kept looking at the program to see if I could slip away unnoticed. A lady near to me fell asleep with her eyes open. Then, she started to snore. As her slumber got deeper, her snoring got louder. I looked at another lady and I opened my eyes wide and smiled. She started to giggle. I bit my lip to stop me from doing the same. A man, who was near to the sleeper, tapped her gently and called her name. She was not responding and he kept on calling her. I looked at her and all I could see were her open eyes. The woman who was giggling whispered, “Is she dead?”    “I hope not.” I said as I became anxious. A few people gathered around her looking concerned. She eventually woke up dazed. I felt happy that she woke up and then I quickly left the gathering and went home. I do not know why or what makes people sleep with their eyes open, but it frightens me.

No comments: