Thursday, February 18, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (113) Events today reminds me of how Ignorant Some Humans are.

It doh matter to me if yuh did get de shot or not. If yuh stand up close to me an’ ah ask yuh to move. MOVE! Covid19 is a being. We cyah see it, buh we go feel it, if we doh do wat we hav’ to do to make we self, safe from it. Dis mornin’ Harold was in de grocery store an’ ah phone he to remind he of somet’ing we need. A ‘oman come close to he an’ she mask was down below she chin. In a cool tone, he say, “Please move 6 feet away from me an’ put on yuh mask.” She tell he dat she was fine an’ she did not move. He point out de marks on de floor dat was 6 feet spacin’ so she should stand on one. De ‘oman still didn’t move so he walk away an’ went to cash he items. As he walk away, he say dat he was not in de mood for no shit. Ah tell he dat he was right to walk away. We keep on chattin’ on de phone as he stand up on de line to cash. De ‘oman leave from whey she was, come near to he an’ say, “Ah get de shot, so am safe.” Harold got angry an’ he start to cuss because he kno’ regardless of if yuh get de shot yuh still hav’ to follow de rules. De ‘oman step away from he an’ ah was hearin’ she tryin’ to justify dat she was safe. A fool takes no delight in understanding, but rather in displaying what he thinks. Proverbs 18:2.

It doesn’t matter to me if you got your vaccine or not. If you stand close to me and I ask you to move. MOVE! Covid19 is an entity. We cannot see it, but we will experience the horror of its existence, if we do not follow the precautions. This morning, Harold was in the grocery and I phoned him to remind him of something we needed. A woman came close to him and her mask was down below her chin. Very calmly, he said, “Please move 6 feet away from me and put on your mask.” She said that she was fine and she did not move. He pointed out the 6 feet markings on the floor and told her to stand on one. The woman did not move. He told me on the phone that he was not in the mood for bullshit and he was going to cash his items. He walked away and stood on the line to cash. The woman left where she was and came near to him and said, “I got my vaccine, so I am fine.” Harold got angry and he started to cuss because he knew that you still had to follow protocol, even if you got the shot. The woman stepped away from him and I could hear her talking, trying to justify that she was protected. A fool takes no delight in understanding, but rather in displaying what he thinks. Proverbs 18:2.

No comments: