Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (112) A Second Sleep can be the Best Sleep.

Sometimes meh eyes, does open wide real early in de mornin’, buh after dat ah does fall back to sleep, real fast. Dat second sleep does be real nice. When ah wake up in de morning, ah does feel good an’ ah does have a nice day. It hav’ times when meh second sleep ends up wit me feelin’ real uneasy. These bad feelin’ does go through meh mind because of de dreams dat floods meh thoughts. After a night like dat, meh day is always uneasy because meh dreams does come to pass. Rumi did say it right an’ at most times ah doh go back to sleep.   

Sometimes my eyes suddenly open very early in the morning, but then I would suddenly drift off into a very nice second sleep. When I wake up later in the morning, I feel rested, happy to face the day and the day is always great. There are times when my second sleep ends up with me feeling anxious, fearful and worried. These ominous feelings flow through my mind because of the dreams that floods my thoughts. After a night like that, my day is always dreary because my dreams come to pass. Rumi said it right and, on most occasions, I do not go back to sleep.   “The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you, Don't go back to sleep! You must ask for what you really want. Don't go back to sleep! People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch, The door is round and open, Don't go back to sleep!” Rumi (1207-1273)

No comments: