Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (102) “A Black Chicken just right for a Cook-up”

It was around five thirty in de evenin’ an’ ah was walkin’ home. Ah was shock to see a black chicken on de sidewalk, walkin’ in front of me. Dis chicken look real good an’ it did walk wit a no care in de world way. To me it look like it was sayin’ “Ah hav’ a right to walk free an’ nobody cyah stop me.” Ah was t’inking if dis chicken was walkin’ free on a road in Trinbago, it go end up in somebody cook-up, before yuh could blow yuh own horn.

It was about five thirty in the evening and I was walking home. I was surprise to see a black chicken on the sidewalk, walking in front of me. This chicken looked healthy and it had a stately walk. To me it looked as though it was saying, “I have a right to walk freely and no one can stop me.” I was thinking if this chicken was walking freely on a road in Trinidad and Tobago, it will end up in somebody’s pot of pelau, before you could blow your own horn.


No comments: