Monday, January 25, 2021

Trinbagonians talk. (95) Everyone is under Pressure

“When ah was a child meh life was de best ah did ever live. Every t’ing did go at a slow pace an’ ah like dat. Nobody was in a hurry to live their life. Children took their time to grow-up, buh it is a different story today. Life change real bad an’ dat is some t’ing else. Everybody does look like dey under pressure. It look like life passin’ we by wit’out a ounce of joy. Is like somet’ing holdin’ us back for money. We keep payin’ an’ dey keep askin’ for more.”

When I was a child, my life was the best life I lived.  Everything moved at a slow pace and I loved it. No one was in a hurry to live their life. Children took their time to grow-up, but today it’s different. Life has change so drastically that it is a bit stressful. Everyone that I meet today looks a bit worried. All the people I speak to have a situation that is stressful. It’s as though life is passing many of us by, without an ounce of happiness. It feels as though we are being held for ransom. We keep paying and they keep asking for more.”

No comments: