Saturday, June 14, 2014

Christina Perri — “Human”

I can hold my breath. I can bite my tongue. I can stay awake for days. If that’s what you want. Be your number one. I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh. I can dance and play the part. If that’s what you ask. Give you all I am. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.
But I’m only human. And I bleed when I fall down. I’m only human. And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart. You build me up and then I fall apart. ‘Cause I’m only human.
I can turn it on. Be a good machine. I can hold the weight of worlds. If that’s what you need. Be your everything. I can do it. I can do it. I’ll get through it.
But I’m only human. And I bleed when I fall down. I’m only human. And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart. You build me up and then I fall apart. ‘Cause I’m only human.
I’m only human. I’m only human. Just a little human.
I can take so much. ‘Til I’ve had enough.
‘Cause I’m only human. And I bleed when I fall down. I’m only human. And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart. You build me up and then I fall apart. ‘Cause I’m only human.

No comments: