Friday, July 1, 2011

“She Did Not Know The Herb”

One day, her friend Joanne, who lived two blocks away, came to her home. After they greeted each other Joanne said, “Girl, “You know that my family and I have been suffering with the Asian flu just like you and your family?”
“Yes. We were just saying to each other that we feel as though we are going to die.”
‘This flu is the worst. You see this little tree?” Joanne asked. Holding it up.
“Yes. What is it?”
“I don’t know the name of it, but it is a wonder herb. A friend gave it to me and he told me to boil it and drink it because it is good for the cold. I drank cups of it and I gave some to my family. We are all feeling much better. I brought this tree for you to plant. Pick some leaves and make some tea.”
A loud coughing started and she looked at her son using the wall to support him self, as he walked into the bathroom.
“I am going to boil some now. We need to take something that will get rid of this flu.”
Her son came out of the bathroom. He said hello to her friend then he picked up the little tree.
“Mom! Where did you get this?”
“Miss Joanne just brought it for me. It’s good for the cold.”
“You guys really don’t know this herb?”
“No.”
“This is weed!”
“Oh my God, Annie! I walked from my house to your house with it in my hand!”

No comments: