Tuesday, July 14, 2015

There are some people in your life, from the moment you hear their voice, you know you are going to end up laughing or feeling good after your conversation.

A dear friend called me one day and she said, “Allo, you busy?”
“I am never busy for you,” I said.
“Okay. This morning in church Pastor said. “This is something that I always wanted to do and I never got the chance to do it, but today I am doing it. Is there anyone in the church this morning who is 100 yrs or older? Nobody stood up. “Is there anyone who is 90 to 100?” Nobody stood up. “80 to 90?” Nobody stood up.
I was thinking that I know a few people in the church who are in their 80s, so I whispered ‘A, A. Why, they not standing up?’ Anyway, pastor continued. “70 to 80 year?” I stood up because I am 75. Three other people also stood up. Two young people came up to us and wrote our name and age in a book then pastor continued 60 to 70 and then 50 to 60. When he was finished, he looked in the books, called out the oldest age and name, which was mine, then he told a young man to hand me $75. He continued giving out money to everyone who stood up. The church suddenly got a bit noisy and one lady behind me said, “I am sorry I did not stand up.” A lady sitting next to her said, “I was telling you to stand up. You would have gotten $80.” I started to laugh. “Allo girl, pastor started service, but I was laughing.” 

No comments: