Friday, July 17, 2015

Guns, guns, guns… Here we go again and this time it touches close to home. This is the saddest thing and most unexpected, I ever experienced. I could only imagine what my friend Ozra Nellyne Peters is going through. Dear God please give her strength and courage to face the days ahead.”

I feel so hurt because I knew this family since I was a child growing up in Techier Village, Point Fortin, Trinidad and Tobago.
Mrs. Peters, her husband Mr. Peters and my parents were friends. I remember when I was a child, on early mornings; Mr. Peters would come to our home and his voice saying, “Morning Mr. Val, Miss Val, would wake me from sleep.”
There were times when I came home from school and Mrs. Peters would be sitting talking to my mother.
My parents and Mr. Peters passed away by natural causes and it was sad but through all the hurt it was endurable. Yesterday I saw Ozra had posted on FB, a picture of her mother with the caption, “RIP mom, we love you.”
I said, “Oh gosh, Mrs. Peters died,” and I was thinking that it was natural causes. How wrong I was. She was shot and killed along with other family members…

No comments: