Monday, June 29, 2015

You know what they say about eavesdroppers but I wasn’t eavesdropping.

I just walked by and I heard Paul say, “That is the kind of shit mom does do.”
“You are so right. She really does do shit like that,” Sarah said.
I stopped and said, “What are you all talking about?”
“This mother said to her children that the housekeeper was coming to clean and they need to clean up. The children were complaining that the housekeeper was coming to clean so why do they have to clean?
“Not because the housekeeper is coming to clean, you should leave your home in disarray,” I said.
“You are paying them to clean. The woman made her children help her clean and when the housekeeper arrived the house was clean. She had nothing to do,” Paul said.
“I would not clean the house perfectly. I would leave something for her to do.”
“That is not true. When we were in Trinidad, Grandma’s housekeeper was coming and you had us cleaning. You even mopped the floors. Do you remember that?” Sarah asked.
“I was wondering what was wrong with you,” Paul said.
I started, to laugh as I walked away.

No comments: