Tuesday, November 26, 2013

“Happy Tuesday”

I am still getting set for Thanksgiving. My Favorite Cookies~ This recipe was given to me by a dear friend –Ann ~ She would have been 94. This is our second year of not getting a phone call from her. I miss that. She was a beautiful soul.  These are my Thanksgiving Cookies. They are guaranteed to make a hit with your family and guests… Enjoy.

MY FAVORITE COOKIES
MIX TOGETHER 
3 EGGS
1 CUP OF SUGAR
I USE ½ CUP OF SUGAR
2 STICKS OF BUTTER ROOM TEMPERATURE
ADD
4 Cups of Flour
3 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon vanilla
Make small balls not bigger than a quarter and place one inch apart on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes.
                                        ***
ICING
1 lime
1 egg white
3 cups of confectioner’s sugar
1 bottle of colorful sprinkles.
Put egg white in a bowl and squeeze lime in the bowl. Turn on the mixer on low and beat for a minute. Add confectioner’s sugar and increase mixer speed to high. Beat mixture until thick and very white, about 5-7 minutes. The icing should hold stiff peak when you lift the beater. Add more confectioner’s sugar if needed.
Paste on cookies then put on sprinkles.

“Tonka Bean –Vanilla”

For my favorite cookies, I use home made vanilla. Tonka Bean – Vanilla… Did you know that if you grate Tonka beans, put it in Vodka… leave it to marinate or as Trinbagonians say, soak, for three weeks, to a month, it makes the best flavored vanilla?

No comments: