Thursday, October 17, 2013

“Them Old Folks Know How To Scare You”

Every time you hear someone in the kitchen late at nights you know who it is. What you need to do is roll over and continue sleeping, but farse me must get up and go. As usual my son was eating a banana. Typical me went through the reasons why you should not eat banana late at nights.
“So in a couple of years you will let go of  all the untrue things that them old folks tell you…” He said.
“Yeah. I will be one of them and you will be telling your children the same thing.”
“Not me with all them untrue stories.” He smiled as he took another banana and started to peel it. I walked away…

Do you remember what we were told about banana?
Don’t eat it if you are hungry~ Don’t eat it after six~ Don’t eat it when you were outside in the hot sun, because your blood is hot~ Don’t eat it if you were drinking alcohol~ And to back up these don’ts, they knew someone who died from doing them~ Them old folks know how to scare you… 

No comments: