Sunday, June 16, 2013



“My Father Was Fearless”
One foggy morning my father was accompanying me to the taxi stand~ As we stepped onto the porch you couldn’t see a thing because of the thick fog~ He told me to let’s go back into the house because he needed to get his poui stick~ I knew he was fearless when he had it with him~ He held my hand and as we walked along~ The only sound you could hear were our footsteps~ Suddenly there was a third set of footsteps~ He stopped and I did too and we heard nothing so we continued and so did the third footsteps~ I could not tell if it was in front of us or behind us~ I was becoming anxious so I whispered, “Daddy, you hearing that?”
“Shhh,” He whispered …held my hand firmly and started hitting the sidewalk with the poui stick~ The third footsteps stopped and the only sound were our steps along with the thud sound of the poui stick…

No comments: