Saturday, June 8, 2013




“He Needed Closure”
He grew up in a home with his mother and two sisters. His father was a vague memory. When he asked about him, his mother would say good things. He wondered if his father was a good man, why did he leave them. Now that he was older he wanted to see him. He told his mother and siblings what he intended to do.
“I don’t think you should see him, but you are an adult and it is your choice,” his mother said.
His siblings also told him not to go, but he felt he really needed too. He arrived at his father’s home and a teenage girl who looked a bit like him opened the door. She had a very serious look on her face when she greeted him.
“May I speak to Mr. George?
“Wait here,” She said and closed the door.
He felt a bit slighted but he stood there. Minutes went by then his father came to the door.
“Dad. I am sorry to come to your home before phoning.”
“Daddy, who is he?” Then girl asked.
“Your brother.”
“You said that you wish that part of your life did not happen, so why is he here?” She asked.
“I’m about to find out. What do you want?!” His father asked and looked at him fixedly.
“We never spoke and I felt it’s about time we did. I want to get to know you.”
“When I divorced your mother, I offered her a good settlement so that you all could live a good life, far away from me. She refused the money and she signed the papers, sanctioning the deal so if it’s money you want the answer is no.”
“I did not come here for your money. I just wanted to get to know my father.”
“Your father doesn’t want to know you.”
“Mr. George, I’m leaving your home and you will never see or hear from me again, but I feel hurt for my mother because I always told her it was her fault why you left. She took the blame and never said a bad thing about you. Your attitude towards me speak volumes. Thanks for bring closure to this part of my life…”

No comments: