Thursday, December 13, 2012



I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day by
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)
I heard the bells on Christmas day. Their old familiar carols play, And wild and sweet the words repeat. Of peace on earth, good will to men.
I thought how, as the day had come,  The belfries of all Christendom. Had rolled along th'unbroken song. Of peace on earth, good will to men.
And in despair I bowed my head: 'There is no peace on earth, ' I said, 'For hate is strong, and mocks the song. Of peace on earth, good will to men.'
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: 'God is not dead, nor doth He sleep; The wrong shall fail, the right prevail, With peace on earth, good will to men.'
Till, ringing, singing on its way, The world revolved from night to day. A voice, a chime, a chant sublime, Of peace on earth, good will to men.

No comments: