Saturday, December 22, 2012






“Where You Least Expect It”
Looking through the window on this cold, cloudy December morning, many thoughts are playing on my mind. I used to love December mostly because of Christmas, but as the years go by, heartache is covering my heart more. This is the first Christmas without, my brother. Yes I am miles away from Trinidad & Tobago, but the phone call on Christmas Day just to say, ‘Merry Christmas and I love you, to him, is no more.
When I heard that he passed I said, “What a cheerless Christmas it is going to be … The excitement is over for me.” … But I am not going to pass it on to my family. I’m going to join in with my husband to play “See if you could find your gift.”
It is funny to see my daughter get excited as she searched high and low to find her gift.
“Mom, just tell me where it is. Give me a clue.”
“Where you least expect it,” I always say.
She would look more intently and we would be laughing because her gift is always right in front of her. Her brother would shake his head and smile because he went through this when he was younger…

No comments: