Saturday, June 11, 2011

“If She Only Knew”

He decided that he was not going to do the things he used to do when a woman spoke to him in this way… She said, “I wish my man was like you.”
“Like me?”
“Yes. You are a nice person.”
He looked at his watch, then said, “Gina introduced us 55 minutes ago. You don’t know me.”
“It doesn’t take me long to encapsulate a person.” He was thinking that this woman is an oxford dictionary. She is eloquent and she fits the bill of the type of women he would sleep with then steer clear of. He was tired of living the life of a player.
“I looked at how gentlemanly you treated everyone who came to this soirée. You made sure all the guests were seated and had a drink. When the elderly woman walked in, you graciously gave her your arm to hold then you made sure she was seated comfortably… I heard you conversing with many people around the room… You are a great conversationalist.”
He remembered that he did see her standing at different areas of the room. A month ago, he would have enticed a woman like her into his bed. Tonight, he was turned off, but politely listened to her. At one point, he said to himself, “If she only knew the kind of man that he was, she would shut up and walk away.”

No comments: