Saturday, April 2, 2016

Think before you say or do anything. Do not act or answer in haste

Whatever is begun in anger; ends in shame. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
I remember one day when I was in my teenage years I was going shopping. While walking by a neighbor’s house I heard some loud talking. The neighbor’s son was building a wooden cart and his father was quarreling with him because he did not like the way that his son was doing it. His father was so angry when he said, “Give me the damn hammer! Ah go do it for mih shitten self!”
He grabbed the hammer with great force that it was raised in the air, then it came down with great force, missing the nail and it landed on his finger.
“Oh God! Mih finger. Yuh see what yuh make mih do!’ He started to shake his hand as he said, “Oh gosh, Oh shit, mih finger!” Hastily he walked to the step which led into the house and he sat down on it. I kept watching as I walked on. The neighbor’s son looked at me and he smiled sneakily. I smiled but when I look at the neighbor, I quickly turned my head because he looked as though he wanted to cry…

Enjoy your day and be safe.

No comments: